Alex Ferrar Antigua Artist and Chef of Sobremesa. Having lived in Guatemala, I have seen many restaurants come in Antigua… and go… Alex Ferrar – Antigua Artist and Chef of Sobremesa is one of those special places that will be in Antigua forever…we all hope.
On this website http://www.alexferrar.com, you will find one of my favorite restaurant, Sobremesa – run by, Alex Ferrar, who is an amazing and very entertaining chef and artist!
Trip Advisor consistently ranks Sobremesa in their “Top 10” list of best restaurants in Antigua, and for good reason – it’s great! Great food, great atmosphere, great service and great fun! Sobremesa is my best dining experience in Antigua Guatemala.
Here are just a few of the comments you will find on Trip Advisor about Sobremesa:
- Alex brought lunch to my group of women executives during our weekend in Antigua and it was the most amazing meal we had.
- The star of the afternoon was the “Giraffe” Fillet in a Cream of Jalapeno sauce with Fried Bananas, accompanied by new potatoes, haricot with almonds, carrots and zucchini. The sauce was only mildly spicy, producing a pleasant tingle on the tongue instead of a panicky dive for the nearest water glass. We’ll be back for more next year!
- Great steaks prepared with the finest ingredients. My French friends loved it! The steaks were cooked to perfection, and the cheesecake is the BEST! We have been several times and keep on coming back.
- The decor “Art Gallery” is very inspiring, and did I mention Alex, the cook, artist etc…? also very inspiring….do NOT leave Antigua, without trying Sobremesa.
- The menu is wonderfully eclectic; the wines are perfect complement and the art? Some are done by the owner and some are hung as a favor to other artists, but it’s all good.
- For an extra treat, ask for the ice cream…40+ varieties of the most exotic combinations you’ll never find anywhere. It is the perfect little bistro, in the center of Antigua.
- If anything, it is worth going just to meet the owner: who else puts unicorn steaks on their menu? The portions were generous and well-prepared. Food was wonderful as was the experience.